Thursday, December 07, 2006

Random stuff

I played a concert at the Paramount last night. That was a lot of fun. It was definitely the oldest and most historic stage I can remember playing on. The dressing rooms are underground--pretty much right below the stage--and they're crazy small. We imagine performers' lives being exciting and glamorous, but I've sat in the same dressing room as David Sedaris and Jerry Seinfeld, and I've gotta tell you, it wasn't so glamorous!
*********************
I've got some weird health stuff going on. I actually feel great. I'm fitter and generally healthier than ever. But I've had some funny "girl" problems lately that inspired my doctor to do a endometrial biopsy to rule out uterine cancer. Now I get to wait 4-5 days for the results--which I'm sure are going to be fine. But really I'm just saying that. I'm not so sure at all. How ironic would it be for me to have lost all this weight and gotten fit and healthy--just to get cancer? That would really piss me off. . .
*********************
I like not working better than working. If only I could find a way to earn money while not working. Well, then I'd be rich! In a perfect world, I'd sleep as late as I wanted to, read for at least 2 hours every day, ride my bike more, and play with my kids without being distracted by a bunch of stuff on my to-do list.
*********************
Also in my perfect world??? I'd be able to think of something interesting to write about. . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In order of appearance:

I do very dearly love the Paramount. When Melly and I saw Sarah Vowell there not too long ago, we chatted with one of the ushers who appeared to have been there since the place opened, and her knowledge of the history of the theater was fascinating. Speaking of David Sedaris, are you going to see him at the Paramount this spring? And...you could have posted that you were playing there...
-----------------

That's scary, Robyn. I'm not sure "ironic" is the word I'd use. "Fucked up" seems a little more appropriate. My prayers, such as they are, are with you.

-----------------

Working pretty much blows. That's the secret of why communism won't ever really get off the ground. I didn't win the lotto again on Saturday. *sigh*