I don' t know if you can tell from the photo, but it's a four-foot long rat snake. Here's a close-up of his/her head.
I'm moving to Manhattan. Or maybe the Antarctic. ASAP.
Friday, May 04, 2007
I love all the nature in my backyard (owls, hummingbirds, various other birds, butterflies, etc.) and I've worked hard to attract all that nature TO my backyard. But today's nature sighting has left me considering a different approach. Namely, a cement highrise in the middle of a busy cement city. This is what we discovered in a tree in the backyard today:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
ohmygod......I don't know crap about nature, so I'm going to ask what is probably a dumb question. could Owla F eat this snake?
Sara
According to the snake guy who id'd the creature for us, Owla and Ratatoulli (we *had* to name him) would be a pretty even match. The snake is a very real threat to the owlets, though, which would explain why Owla was so agitated all day Friday.
Post a Comment