Friday, February 01, 2008

What Would YOU Do?

I need to learn how to do a poll. I'm sure blogger has a tool for it, but I don't know where to find it.

But we can still do a poll without the fancy graphics, right? We're all well educated here. We can add up the 3-4 votes in our heads and interpret the results on our own. Yeah. That's right. We don't need no stinking automatic poll thingy.

So here's the question. . .

Assume you are having an instant message chat with a friend. Someone you know-in real life, not just online. Let's say this person is a good friend with a questionable sense of humor. So, in the middle of said IM chat, good friend sends you a hyperlink. Then, in the next line, good friend says "Don't click that link." Next line: "Really. I mean it. Don't click that link."

What do you do? Do you click the link? Be honest now. And if you're reading this but you don't ever comment for some reason or other, tell me in person. I need a good statistical representation. Because, well, I just do.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

oh, i totally click the link

Anonymous said...

"Questionable?"

robyncz said...

Thanks, Betsy, for your honesty. I thought that "of course I'd click the link" was going to be the overwhelming winner. But it turns out I might have been wrong.

Right now, not counting the goofball who sent me the link and told me not to open it, we're 3 to 2 in favor of clicking the link. And I'm not sure how to count anonymous's "questionable" vote.

Interestingly, the count is pretty much consistent down gender lines, with females clicking and males claiming that they wouldn't. Which, frankly, leaves me wondering who (and what!) the heck "anonymouse" could be. . .

Anonymous said...

I'd click the link (after making sure that my norton anti-virus is up to date).

robyncz said...

Including unposted votes, we now stand at 4-2 for click the link.

Still wondering what to make of anonymous's "questionable."

No One said...

I was the anonymous voter, who didn't want to influence the vote but did want to register his disappontment at having his sense of humour described as "questionable." But, since I'm a goofball... ;-)

robyncz said...

OOOOOOHHHHHHH. Damn. Now I get it. It wasn't a vote so much as an editorial query.

Sorry.

And yes, you're a goofball. I'm standing by that. . .

Love ya!