Thursday, October 16, 2008

So, I clearly haven't started my politics moratorium yet.

According to my fabulously informed friend Ann, early voting starts in Texas on 10/20. So I apparently have a few more days before I can eschew all things political. And that's not necessarily a bad thing, because I *do* need to figure out my judicial choices before I arrived in the voting booth. I also need to figure out where I stand on the various local props on the ballot. (Really, all these choices make democracy much harder than it needs to be.)

This is all leading up to the fact that I watched the damn debate last night. I didn't mean to. Really, I was intending to watch the finale of Project Runway, or maybe the new episode of 90210 (the new version) I have on my DVR. But noooooo, I got sucked in. And once again, McCain gave me the creepy-jeepies. He is NOT the same man he was 2-3 years ago. That is certain. Just in case he does get elected, I hope the "real" John McCain is the previous version. Because this slightly senile, smirky, eye-rolling, campaign-bot version of McCain scares the crap out of me.

There were several McCain low points in last night's performance, like when Obama called him on his complete lack of reaction when his supporters called Obama a terrorist or suggested he should be killed. McCain's tepid defense of his supporters as the "most patriotic people in this country" or whatever the hell he called them was pathetic and disingenuous. He *knows* that's crazy shit, and he needs to admit it.

But my favorite, favorite, favorite (and by "favorite" I mean "sneeringly condescending and, frankly, terrifying") McCain moment in last night's debate was this one.


Yes, Mr. McCain. You hit the nail right on the head. Those damn women and their "health." Who the hell do they think they are??

1 comment:

Tipsy Gypsy said...

And to think he has a woman running-mate. That's just utterly pathetic and disgusting. I'll show him "health".