So, we've discussed plastic surgery before--here and --oh never mind. I won't link to the second instance because it disturbed so many of you. But, as you may or may not recall, I'm not a big fan of plastic surgery. I simply don't see the point of risking your life to look a little bit "better." And "better" is really quite relative, considering how screwy some people look when they're done.
With "risking your life" being my major sticking point, at least for argument's sake, you might guess that I wouldn't have a problem with the latest rage in cosmetic enhancement: post mortem plastic surgery.
Well, you'd be wrong.
Who is so damn vain that they need work done after they're dead? It's certainly not going to do anything for their self esteem.
Tuesday, December 09, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Plastic surgery, for the most part, makes me deeply, deeply sad. There are exceptions, of course. I'm not sure which is worse: The fact that people hate their appearance so much that they feel the need to undergo surgery to "correct" it, or the vulturous plastic surgery ads I see and hear that try to make people hate their appearance that much.
I will write more on this later, but some will have to be shared offline.
whatever people need to do to feel ok with themselves - so long as they're not hurting others - is fine by me.
now, when it comes to being dead... this isnt all that different from the mortuaries having cosmetologists doing makeup on the dead (when you exsanguinate people they do tend to lose their color...)
this one falls under the category of 'stupid americans and their money'... it's a big one
You know, oh greatest of goblins, I agree with your premise. The part that frustrates me is that we live in such an appearance-driven society that people even feel the need to do this stuff.
Like Karmadrome, it makes me sad.
Post a Comment