I can't watch anything about the upcoming inauguration of Barack Obama without dissolving into tears. I've never been prouder to be a citizen of the United States of America. I don't know whether or not Obama will be able to turn things around, and I fear that people's expectations for what he should be able to achieve may be unrealistically high. Nonetheless, the simple fact that this man will be our president speaks volumes about the potential of this country to improve itself.
I was talking to my girls this weekend about what a big, big deal this inauguration is, and I realized that there's no way they can possibly understand the enormity. And frankly, that makes me very happy.
Sunday, January 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
how can you have such hope for the world when Paul Blart - Mall Cop can make $33.8m in it's opening weekend?
It turns out I have no answer for that. But you sure are ruining my buzz.
Post a Comment