Friday, July 03, 2009

Nothin, really

This little blog got a record number of hits last week. Crazy!! The surge was clearly related to my Girls Rock Camp post, the link to which was apparently sent out to all the volunteers that made the camp happen. I didn't write the post thinking they would read it, but I'm glad they did. I think it's good for people to know they're appreciated.

So, not much going on here. My mother was in town all week. The girls had fun with their grandmother, and that was good. She's on her way back home right now, and Davy's ginormous family is on its way here from San Antonio. I'm cooking like a fool. Brisket's cooking, beans are simmering, potato salad is made, and queso's next up on my list. I've got a huge watermelon chilling with the beer. Now all I need is a nap (ha!) and a strong drink and I'll be all ready to entertain the in-laws.

This is the first 4th of July weekend in years that I'm not playing fireworks concerts in Bastrop and Round Rock, so I'm kind of reveling in the holiday-ness of it all. We may even head out to Bastrop to watch the fireworks tonight. I've played with my back to them for the last 15 years, so that should be a revelation!

No comments: