I happened across this quote today, which was attributed to Bill Moyers. I wonder if it's accurate. Either way, it made me chuckle--and then sigh. . .
"Other than the war in Iraq , the Katrina disaster, the deficit, the CIA leak, torture, stopping stem cell research, homeland security, global warming and undercutting science, we've yet to really feel the negative effects of the Bush administration." -- Bill Moyers
Thursday, April 20, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm a big Moyer's fan, but I think he's missed some rather big ones: there's the ongoing Abramoff/Cunningham/DeLay bribery scandal, the weakening of the wall between church and state, the gutting of regulatory agencies across the board, "No Child Left Behind" (a.k.a. the first volley in the attempt to dismantle the public school system), the K-street project (which really goes back to DeLay), the enormous loss of stature in the world arena...and those are just off the top of my head.
I think the question this article broaches is pretty germane to the discussion, don't you?
Post a Comment