Tuesday, August 22, 2006

This whole JonBenet Ramsey circus makes me sick. Of course, her family deserves justice and the law and order folks should be doing whatever they need to do find the bad guy. But why is this "news"? Until he is charged and tried, coverage of this clown they caught in Thailand should consist of nothing more than a short blurb on the third page of the newspaper. It is absolutely beyond me how a "serious" news show can justify interviewing random people who happened to be on the same plane as the suspect--and playing it off as serious analysis.

That's not news. That's uninformed gossip. And if I want gossip, I'll get it from the Star, thank you very much. I expect NEWS from the "news." Call me naive. . .

I think I'll get all my news from Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert from now on. The stories on The Daily Show and The Colbert Report are at least as well researched as the garbage I've seen on the network news shows lately and at least they're up front about pretending to be journalists.

Bleh!

No comments: