Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Ignore this post

I have to post some blurry pictures here so someone can help me figure out what I'm doing wrong. The rest of you can go about your business (unless you know why my candid, group, indoor, far-away photos are all coming out blurry with my new camera--in which case feel free to speak up).

Now, carry on. . .


4 comments:

GreatGoblin said...

one of HEBuddy's super powers is the 'time vortex' - which is a lot like 3-d House of Stewardesses without the stewardesses and unnecessary zooming. You're just caught in the undertow.

robyncz said...

Riiiggghhhhhttt. So, next time I photgraph HEBuddy, I'll be sure to switch into time vortex mode. . .

But you know what, I think you're right about zooming in too far. My last aim and shoot digital didn't have this much zoom capability. I didn't make the connection until this very moment--in addition to the unecessary zoom (and correlated with it) is the fact that I'm too far away for the flash to make any difference.

Thanks (except for the part about the 3-d House of Stewardesses--that just creeps me out)

No One said...

That's exactly right about the light. The zoom increases the light requirements, and, without a flash, there are two ways the camera compensates: a slower shutter speed (causing blurring) or a higher ISO setting (causing a grainy image).

Check your camera to see if you have any image stabilization on it-that usually allows your camera to use a lower ISO and gets you better pictures in slow- or no-motion shots.

No One said...

And, how dare you be creeped out by any of Dr. Tongue's fine Monster Chiller Horror Theater offerings, like "3d House of Wax" or "3d House of Pancakes" or "3d House of Cats" or, um, "3d House of Stewardesses"?