In Austin, at least, Ike was not at all "the big one." Other than a nice breeze and a few sprinkles overnight, we got nothing. Which is good, I suppose, other than the fact that we really need the rain.
It looks like Galveston, Houston, Beaumont, and the surrounding areas may have gotten hit pretty hard. And apparently a lot of people who were told to evacuate the Galveston area didn't--and then were angered and disappointed when rescue workers couldn't help them during the storm.
That's the part I don't get. I mean, I can see deciding to wait it out, but it seems like you do it with the understanding that you don't get to ask other people to risk their lives to help you out if it's worse than you expected.
Maybe I'm missing something, but I think that part of the deal is pretty clear.
Still, I wish everyone in the storm-hit areas the very best.
Saturday, September 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment