I just wrote a long post about how it was about damn time that McCain started setting things straight with his crazy-ass supporters. A year ago I had a healthy degree of respect for McCain, and I would have argued at that time that McCain had far too much integrity and honor to stand silent on a podium while his supporters called his opponent a terrorist or suggested he should be killed. But the last couple of weeks have proven me wrong. At least today McCain made an effort, whether it was staged or not, to set the record straight. I hope he's at least losing sleep over it, because he's bound to realize that his campaign is responsible for putting this shit out in the world--and he's going to have to live with himself if, god forbid, one of his crazy followers decides to do his moral duty and "save the world" from the evil Muslim terrorist-loving Arab, Obama.
Sigh.
But then I trashed that post because it was depressing and obvious.
Instead what I want to know is WHEN I can vote. Because I'm committed to getting it done at my earliest opportunity--and then I'm going to put my fingers in my ears and sing "la-la-la" at the top of my lungs for the rest of the month. I'm going to stop listening and reading and talking about this shit because it won't matter after I've cast my vote. I'm going to take all this time I've been spending online reading and watching and arguing about politics, and I'm going to work on training my dog to do fun tricks. I'm going to read easy fiction. I'm going to watch the last three episodes of season 1 of Flight of the Conchords. I'm going to ride my bike and jump rope. I'm going to cook huge pots of yummy soups. I'm even going to build a backyard clubhouse for my kids.
What I'm NOT going to do is waste any more time fretting over the unfathomable state of ignorance of my fellow countrymen (and countrywomen). I can't change it and I'm tired of bitching about it.
The end.
Saturday, October 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oct 20 - 31
Post a Comment