Sunday, May 18, 2008

Dread vs. Reality

You know how when you're really dreading something, it generally turns out that you end up expending more energy worrying about the event in question than on the dreaded event itself?

Well, this isn't one of those times.

We're having some work done on our house tomorrow (smelly dog carpets OUT, lovely wood floors IN) and while the work crew is going to *move* our furniture, we have to empty it of its breakable and/or heavy contents. I'm talking about the china cabinet in the dining room, the entertainment center and bookcases in the den, and worst of all, the bookcases, desks, hutches, and filing cabinets in our office.

So we started a couple of hours ago. The china cabinet was a piece of cake. The stuff in the den wasn't too bad, either. But the office is going to kill me. This room is PACKED with crap. I started to itemize it for you, but I had to stop and delete the list because it's just so demoralizing.

Those of you who have been in my house--does it strike you as being full of crap and clutter? Until today, I didn't think so. I thought we were doing okay. I was WRONG. WE HAVE TOO MUCH STUFF.

This day sucks.

(Oh yeah. And Davy's sick in bed. And the girls are determined to "help" me by washing my car.)

AGHGHGHGHGHGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh.

3 comments:

GreatGoblin said...

bwahahahahaah....

you know...

if you had wanted help all you had to do was ask - jake and i arent doing much more than digesting salt lick

how badly can the girls screw up your car ;)

robyncz said...

Heh. Thanks for the offer. I'm not sure any more muscle would have helped, but it may not have been as miserable because I'd have been distracted.

And, of course, the girls couldn't screw up the car, but as I predicted, they fizzled out about 1/2 way through and I had to go finish the job--which may have been a blessing in that it got me out of my office. I swear, I must have spent the 20 minutes before I posted just staring at it thinking about how it was impossible.

Hope you had a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Also ICH hätte dir mit Leidenschaft geholfen ;-)