Thursday, July 17, 2008

I'm a Bonehead

For being relatively smart on paper, I can be pretty stupid in real life. . .

When we got home from vacation yesterday, I noticed something strange floating around in the hummingbird feeder. Closer inspection revealed that the feeder had been competely taken over by enormous red ants. I mean LOTS of BIG, FAT other-worldly critters, the likes of which I've never actually seen in my yard. Most of them were dead, but some of them were still wiggling around. So, smart cookie that I am, I took the top off the feeder and put it out on a bush in the hot sun to boil those nasty critters.

Heheheheh.

Now I have a writhing mass of bees and wasps on a bush beside my front walkway. Nobody can get in or out my front door without dodging the bees.

Oops.

2 comments:

GreatGoblin said...

perhaps they can use your sugar-water technology to attract and trap the Vajra in the distant future... you should develop this technology, Ranka's life may depend on itbryyn

robyncz said...

Man. Now I have to go look up a bunch of names in Wikipedia. . .