Sunday, November 09, 2008

A Perfect Day in Austin

Today was perfection. Every single person I have seen or spoken to is in complete agreement--today is one of those days that makes you say "THIS is why I live in Austin, Texas!" Blue skies with a few fluffy white clouds, 75 degrees, and a comfortable breeze that periodically sent the fall leaves whispering through the air. A perfect day to be outside finishing up the girls' clubhouse. And it's all done. Even the checkerboard paver floor.

The girls say it came out even better than they expected. Zoe is trying to figure out how to build a bench and a table out of the wood scraps. She has a design, but I believe it's going to require a bit of adaptation to make it work--some brackets or something to keep the legs from spreading out and snapping off as soon as she sits on it. But that's a project for next week.

For now we're all pleasantly exhausted and looking forward to a quiet night at home.

In Austin.

How did we get this lucky?

2 comments:

No One said...

Sean and I had a similar discussion about yesterday afternoon. Which we squandered drinking guinness and watching soccer.

I think it isn't so much a matter of being lucky as appreciating it when these days roll around.

GreatGoblin said...

yeah... i sat outside and read for part of the day... surprised the butterflies are still out and about. windy enough there were no mosquitoes (that or the cold nights are getting them)... crisp enough i got some of the christmas stuff out of the boxes in the garage and staged it towards the living room... starting to feel like texas winter