Sunday, August 17, 2008

Blazer Tag!!!!

In response to the threat of rain (which NEVER came), we took the whole gang to play Blazer Tag today. It's probably one of the few activities I can think of that is fun and satsifying for middle-aged adults, teenagers, and young kids alike. Unfortunately, it's silly expensive (It cost $51 for the six of us to play one 20-minute game, and of course, we had so much fun that we had to play again. OUCH!), so it's not something we'll be doing often. But today it was just right.

The peace-loving German girl was the highest ranked player in our group for both games--and, I think, ranked #4 in one of the games overall. It turns out, she's a bit of a sniper, which might oughta concern me a bit, I suppose. The insanely competitive young Polish man came in second among the six of us, followed by Davy, and Zoe. Mia and I vied consistently for last. Lucky for both of us, there were two very young children (maybe 4 or 5?) competing against us. And while I started out with a strong moral aversion to shooting the little children, I soon realized that I was going to have to tag them or risk coming in dead last. It turns out I'm pretty bad at laser tag and I had to take the sucker shot to survive.

It was fun, different, and it gave most of us a pretty decent workout. Although the three-story arena is well air-conditioned, I came out in a full, adrenaline-fueled sweat after both games.

No comments: