Wednesday, August 20, 2008
See Robyn's Heart Split in Two
I just got back from the airport. I seems like I was just there! My three-week visit with Michael went faster than I could have imagined, and I was very, very sad to drop him off at the airport today. I honestly didn't know what to expect from this visit, but it went better than I could have hoped. Yes, there were some blips along the way--mainly in integrating the schedules of visiting 18/19 year olds with my 7/8 year olds. But the rough spots were short and minor. Mainly, I feel very fortunate to have had the opportunity to get to know my godson as a young adult. It's funny how strong our connection is, considering we didn't really know each other (knowing him as an infant may or may not have anything to do with this), but I think it's going to be harder to be half a world apart now that we do know one another. He's a spectacular young man with great things ahead of him. I sincerely hope that these three weeks weren't all the time we get together.
We were so busy most of the time he was here that many of you never got to meet him. So, here's a photo of my adorable godbaby, Michael, taken by our simultaneously-visiting teenage German friend, Jenny. At least this is what Michael looked like shortly after he arrived in Austin. I'll post another picture of the Polish cowboy (outfitted in his new cowboy hat, western belt and buckle, and western shirt) as soon as I can get it uploaded. It's worth the wait, I promise you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment