Saturday, August 30, 2008

New Year in Poland!

It's official. We're leaving Austin on Christmas morning and arriving in Germany on the following day. We'll spend a couple of days in Germany, then fly with Michael's family to Gdansk, Poland, where we'll ring in 2009! After a couple more days in Poland, we'll return to Germany, spend a few days in my old stomping grounds in Hamburg, and maybe Cologne. Then it's back to the U.S. on 1/7. Theoretically, the girls have to be back in school on 1/6, but we get more trip for our buck if we keep them out the 2-3 extra days. I think they'll catch up. . .

Now we just have to figure out what we're doing with the dog!!!!!! I offered to fly out of Dallas and drop him off at my mom's house, but she passed on that opportunity. Can you imagine? I'm sure we'll come up with something between now and then!

I'm so excited I can hardly stand it. I haven't been in Europe since I left during the summer of 1991. It's been a long, long time!

Good fresh bread, here we come!

No comments: