The thing that makes Facebook so compelling for me is how people from the past sort of pop up unexpectedly. Since you use your real name, it's possible for people you haven't thought of in ages to find you and contact you. Plus, the way the facebook platform networks "friends," it's easy for friends of friends to identify you and contact you. Within hours of opening my facebook account, I had been contacted by several old friends from high school and college. The really cool thing is you can "catch up" with old aquaintances in a matter of minutes via private messages, and you don't even have to have the potentially awkward voice conversation.
So, a week or so ago I got an e-mail notification that someone was trying to add me as a friend. It was someone I knew pretty well in high school, but whom I had not thought about in years. I was thrilled to hear from this particular person and I approved the invitation. When I visited this person's profile, I was pleased to see that they had actually pursued a performance career, and had some impressive credits to their name--including short roles on Melrose Place and WestWing! Being me, I wanted to know more, so I checked out their name on IMDB and whoaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. It turns out they have a lot of film credits that they're not posting on their public profile. Films that most likely play late at night on Showtime.
Now, I'm not judging, and you know, it's the kind of job I'd never have even been offered. So, whatever. But that was some surprise.
And, just for fun, I'm thinking about subscribing to Showtime. Or then again, maybe not. . .
Friday, August 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
oh sure, myspace is cool... but it isnt HOFFSPACE
I don't care what the Germans say. The Hoff is a goofball.
Post a Comment