The City crew showed up this morning with much busting and digging equipment to repair the bad sewer line that caused our flood a few weeks ago. When I got home from the airport, 5 guys were standing shoulder deep in an enormous hole in my neighbor's side yard. I thought the bad piece of pipe was under the street, but it turns out it's in the neighbor's yard. She's going to be, ummm, surprised when she gets home from work today. I suppose I need to leave a note or something on her door so she at least knows what's going on.
But that's not exactly what this post is about.
So I get home from the airport, spend a few minutes staring down into the giant hole, chat a little bit with the crew about what they're doing and what happens next, observe the big piece of sewage pipe they just cut out of the ground that is now laying on my driveway, and go about my business.
Fifteen minutes later a wet, sudsy man appears at my door. Turns out it may not have been the best time to start a load of laundry.
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
bwahahahahaahhahahah....
sorry - but it's always funny when otherwise bright people do something unbelievably stupid. A lot like how Billy Barty is always funny...
at least he got a little clean in an otherwise dirty job.!!!
Post a Comment